A letter to my Spouse...



WHAT YOU WANT AIN’T ALWAYS WHAT YOU NEED!


For my Husband…



My preference wasn’t my purpose. It wasn’t until I aligned what I wanted for myself to be Gods will for my life that my preference became my purpose. You’re not only my preference but a part of my purpose. Everything about you fits PERFECTLY for ME. I thank God for this divine connection and union. Our purposes and passions aligns with one anothers purposes and passions. It never has to be forced. There is no wresting with being our individual selves and operating in our individual purposes all while being one and fulfilling our purpose as one. You are my other half and when we joined together November 17, 2017 it was the start of something amazing because we were now more than we were before. You don’t take away from who I am as an individual but you add to it, you encourage and push me, which grows and matures me in a way that only a husband could do. I am you, you are me, we are ONE. 



For the married folks…

I plead buckets and buckets of the blood of Jesus over marriages as the destruction of marriages especially Godly marriages are at a rise. I pray our unions are not spoiled by the schemes of hell, for no weapon formed against our marriages shall prosper. We take on the shield of faith as union to quench every fiery dart from hell. Lord teach us to forgive quickly and love selflessly. Let us pray faster than we complain. Lord be our mediator. We bind every argumentative spirit, every marriage breaking spirit and every spirit of separation, rejection, hurt, bitterness, shame, guilt and condemnation and we revert them back to the pits of hell where they belong. Lord be and remain the center of our marriages. Never let us walk around wrong, convict us when we are wrong, you chasten those you love. Lord break every selfish spirit in us and in our marriages. Let us love one another like you. Let our marriage do and be everything you designed it to be. Let your love for us show in our love for one another. We thank you for our unions and we bless your Holy name oh God, Have your way in and through us and our marriages. In Jesus name, amen.



For the single folks…
I have a desire to be married one day but let me chase you and not my desire for marriage. Don’t let my will get in the way. Don’t let my flesh drive you away. Decrease me as you increase in me. In my single season Lord teach me to be me. Teach me how to forgive and love others. Teach me to love me. Teach me how to handle hurt and how to heal in a healthy way. Remove everything in me that is not like you. Cover my mind from every lonely thought and fantasy I may have created. I sever every ungodly tie to those I have no business being connected to. Lord lose me from people and relationships that do me no good and don’t glorify you. Cause them to lose interest in me and me in them. Increase my prayer life in this season. Prepare me now to be the wife/husband you created me to be. Teach me to love and pray selflessly. Lord I submit unto you right now. Let the posture of my heart be in submission to you. Let my thought life be in submission to you and your ways. Your timing is better than my timing. My biological clock doesn’t matter, what my friends and family thing don’t matter, how they feel about it don’t matter, Lord connect me to who you want for me to be with. Let my will for my life be your will for my life. Wreck and rearrange me for the better oh, God. I want to be in love with you before I’m in love with my husband/wife. Make me whole and teach me to wholly follow you before I even connect with someone because I never want to lose sight of you. I never want to make him/her my god. So I surrender my heart and will unto you today. In Jesus name, amen.






Comments

Popular Posts